- 1kg Diced Ystwyth Valley Lamb
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon cinammon
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 125g soft stoned dates
- 125g dried apricots
- 250ml apple juice
- 250ml water
- salt to taste
- Brown the lamb (just enough to seal the cut surfaces) and soften the onions.
- Add the spices and cook for a few minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook very slowly – either on the hob or in the oven – for about 2 hours
- Garnish with a sprig of coriander
Serve with coscous, boiled rice or mashed potatoes